What is ‘Modern Chiropractic” care?
At Pro Function we know that a single 2 minute appointment isn’t enough to make a lasting change to your body. That’s why at every appointment you have at Pro Function your Chiropractor will spend a full 30 minutes with you, equipping you with tools and giving you the treatments that help you reduce pain and restore function.
At Pro Function our goal is not to make you dependent on our care with routine and repeat appointments; our goal is to help you live the independent, active lifestyle you want and to achieve the goals you set for yourself.
Chiropractic is effective at treating a wide range of joint, muscle, neck and back injuries as well as relieving both chronic and acute pain. During your Initial Assessment and in subsequent appointments treatment can include any of the following depending on how you are injured and what your Chiropractor determines to be the best course of treatment for your injury or condition.
- Education of your diagnosis and plan of management
- Personalized exercise programs designed to improve your strength, range of motion, and function
- Active soft tissue therapy or Graston Technique therapy
- Joint manipulation or mobilizations of the spine or other joints of the body
- Hot and cold packs and modalities to relieve pain, reduce swelling, speed up the healing process, and improve movement and function
- Functional activity and tolerance testing and training
- Functional Movement Assessments
- Functional Return to Sport rehab
- Low-level laser therapy, medical neurofunctional acupuncture, interferential current or therapeutic ultrasound
- Kinesiotaping or athletic taping
- Prescription, fabrication and application of assistive, adaptive, supportive and protective devices and equipment
- Ergonomic or nutrition recommendations
What can you expect from your First Appointment at Pro Function
Your first visit to Pro Function consists of a full physical assessment and review of your medical history with either Dr. Nicole Thornicroft, Dr. Jordan Kersten, or Dr. Joseph Greenwood. Their goal will be to determine the root causes of your condition or injury and then prescribe an evidence based treatment plan that is specifically tailored to your needs, your goals, and the outcomes you desire.