At Pro Function all of our clients are provided one-on-one appointments with their Physiotherapist, we do not use Physiotherapy Assistants and we do not do group treatments. To give you the highest quality of care our Initial Assessments are 60 minutes in length and all subsequent appointments are 30 minutes in length.
Physiotherapy is effective at treating a wide range of injuries and diseases as well as relieving pain and maximizing range of motion. During your Initial Assessment and in subsequent appointments treatment can include any of the following depending on how you are injured and what your Physiotherapist determines to be the best course of treatment for your injury or condition.
- Personalized exercise programs designed to improve your strength, range of motion, and function
- Soft Tissue Massage
- Joint mobilization and manipulation to reduce pain and stiffness
- Hot and cold packs and modalities to relieve pain, reduce swelling, speed up the healing process, and improve movement and function
- Functional activity and tolerance testing and training
- Functional Movement Assessments
- Functional Return to Sport rehab
- Work and occupational re-training and return to work planning
- Prescription, fabrication and application of assistive, adaptive, supportive and protective devices and equipment
- Environmental change, focusing on removing barriers to function
First Appointment at Pro Function
Your first visit to Pro Function consists of a full physical assessment and review of your medical history with either Kat Fraser, Troy Seely, or Angela Growse or Erik Schmidt. Their goal will be to determine the root causes of your condition or injury and then prescribe an evidence based treatment plan that is specifically tailored to your needs, your goals, and the outcomes you desire.